It is that time for Land Surveyors to unite and make the
pilgrimage to the Initial Point in San Bernardino! Weather
permitting, the Riverside/San Bernardino and Orange
County chapters of CLSA are organizing a group hike to the
Initial Point on Saturday, June 2nd.
Please be sure to be prepared by reading below:
• Get out and get your body warmed up with smaller hikes.
• You should have a well broken in, sturdy pair of hiking boots or trail
running shoes, as the trail is rocky in places.
• Purchase an Adventure Day Pass if you are parking your car at the
trailhead (Big 5; REI sells them), or carpool and save driving/parking
• Be sure to pack a minimum of 2-3 liters of water, snacks, and a lunch
• RSVP to Tom Herrin is mandatory (see left) so he can acquire trail
permits for the group (The Ranger checked us on the trail last time).
• The hike is about 16 miles round trip & climbs about 4600 feet
(10,649 ft altitude). If you are reasonably fit, you can do this hike!
The trailhead parking lot is best reached with a higher-centered vehicle ... car pooling recommended because it fills up and requires a pre-purchased pass. San Bernardino Peak Trail 1W07