Our speaker will be, Jay Kay Seymour, RLS, PLS, LLS, who is our current CLSA State Immediate Past President-2016. His presentation will be on The Business Aspects of Land Surveying, one in a series!
Having been in Civil Engineering, Land Surveying, Land Planning and Land Development since 1969, he will bring his experiences and exposure to Land Surveying to our meeting. He has spoken many times over the years for our chapter, and at the State Conferences. This is yet one more presentation on the Business Aspects. This is a precursor to his eight hour seminar he is presenting nationally, for the first time here in California.
He recently presented at the North Dakota Professional Land Surveyors Association Annual Meeting, and is scheduled to present in the coming months at Kansas, Michigan, Colorado, and is in negotiations with many other associations.
He will share a portion of his full day seminar, with highlights of the following:
· From the Up-Call to Marketing and Business Development Ideas and Concepts
· Taking a new look at your Rolodex for new Business
· Analyzing what you do best, and focusing on core business revenue streams
· Where are we going as a profession? One-person survey crews; drones; GPS; GIS!
· Concept of “Joint Venture Partnerships”
· Specialization! A unique approach to your business plan
· A brief discussion on Contracts
· Q&A session with an OLD SCHOOL SURVEYOR, let’s talk!
Come join us, on April 26th for an evening dedicated to a lively exchange. This is the commitment of the officers of the largest chapter in the state to bring its members, timely, informative, and innovative ideas to its members.